October 2015 Employee Spotlight

October 9th, 2015

Visit our website


Edward Bonham – Senior Engineer
This month, we asked our senior 'Customer Service Team' engineer to talk about his 'issue resolution' role within RDT, and his agricultural connection...

"I wasn’t always a programmer. Through my early career I worked in horticulture; firstly as a grower of ornamental trees and hops, and then as a researcher into the branching in fruit trees.

office-words

"All the time though I was learning how to manage data, from payroll information to experiment results, in computerised form. This led to the decision to use these skills more, so I joined Lloyds of London as a developer. For the years I was there, I learnt a lot about the insurance market as well as how to produce quality software, including some business-critical, internationally used web sites. So when I was looking for a new challenge, RDT seemed an obvious choice.

"Since joining RDT I’ve continued to learn about both the insurance industry and the production of the highest quality software. Landscape is an interesting system to work on, as it handles the intricacies of insurance along with connectivity to external systems. It utilises a good selection of technologies to fulfil its customers’ needs, which is always interesting for a developer.

Agile-lunch

"I’ve recently been working on some diverse areas, from accounting calculations to document generation involving third-party software, to workflow processing. And all of this in a relaxed and friendly office!"

If you are looking for a new position in a cutting-edge insurance software environment, please view all available positions on our job vacancies webpage.

Alternatively, to find out more about what we do, please click here to contact us.

No comments :

Post a Comment