May 2015 Employee Spotlight

May 15th, 2015

View our website


Andy Gill - Business Analyst
I came to work for RDT last July as a business analyst in their client services team. I’d spent the previous six years in a similar role at AXA’s motor claims division, but I wanted to work for a smaller company with a more personal touch.

I began my career as an apprentice car mechanic and have never left the motor sector! My second job was at the Motor Insurance Repair Research centre at Thatcham in Berkshire, where I performed a few roles. One was as a photographer, taking pictures of cars that had been deliberately crashed into concrete blocks to help work out repair costs and group rating information. Another was as a body shop design consultant, drawing up plans and business cases for repairers.

Office

I left the MIRRC Thatcham to head up the training division of Audatex UK, who supply motor vehicle estimating solutions. I worked there for 18 years and held a few different positions, mostly in the customer support field. I gained a lot of experience and IT knowledge there and was mostly field-based, working in the clients’ offices all round the UK.

My role at RDT allows me to use my customer support skills to help our customers get the changes they really need. The job requires a good understanding of Landscape, and after six months I feel as if I’m finally getting there. I’m looking forward to seeing how the insurance industry changes, and in particular what new products RDT will create.

Click here to find out about our current job vacencies.

No comments :

Post a Comment